Perhaps one of my favorite purchases of recent, or of all time are my high top white converse. Now I know I am by no means a fashion blogger, but I am a blogger of obsessions and this is definitely one of mine. Generally speaking, converse are awesome, they are the perfect way to add edge to an outfit or to dress it down.
I had been thinking of grabbing a pair of high tops for myself for a while, considering my black normal ones had trekked all across Europe and looked as such. So I finally splurged about two weeks ago (well maybe not splurge, but 55$ to a college student is a bit of a splurge) and got them! Needless to say I have been quite obsessed. I have worn them almost every other day, now if I didn’t see the same people everyday, I probably would’ve worn them everyday but I figured that it might be a little much.
This has made my getting ready in the morning, far simpler, considering I am usually a hot mess after practice and looking ‘presentable’ for class is often a struggle. My new go to outfit, is my converse with leggings and oversized tshirt. (Essentially the northern girls version of the southern school typical huge tshirt and running shorts, because there is more snow that sun around here. They are also great because you can wear leggings or crop pants with them. Although this post didn’t have much advice in fashion or in life, I just wanted to share my excitement over a pair shoes, something that rarely happens 🙂
Wow…I have really been off my A game this week… and for that I really apologize, but hey i typed this with both my hands this time so thats a plus! (if that doesn’t make sense check out this post and then continue to read and all will be understood. LOL)
However I have given a peak inside my soul with the Beauty Blogger Tag, with a big thanks to Ryane Zamora Beauty for the tag! I had so much fun answering these questions and can’t wait to hear my nominees responses!
Break Up Boss
- Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Pin straight, as in I can’t even curl it. But I shouldn’t complain!
- Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
My hair is completely natural.
- Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
Depends, with my hair being so light it tends to look a little greasy sometimes but it is not good to wash it everyday so on those days I usually just wear it high in a bun.
- Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I usually do my own, but perhaps once or twice a year I get them done, ya know college student on a budget.
- How often do you change your nail polish?
During swim season probably once a week before weekend meets because it chips so much in the pool. But in offseason, kind of just of whenever I feel like it!
- Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
All year round!
- How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Only about 10 to 15 minutes, I don’t do much even when I am going for a night out.
- What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Always eyes because one makeup tip that I have always remembered is how eye makeup can fall onto the rest of your face making it harder to take off if you have already done your face!
- Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I usually just buy what I need. Something I do collect though is nail polish, which I also consider to be make up. (:
- How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never have…maybe will?
- Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Not really. I mean I wear a tinted moisturizer nearly everyday and some powder and mascara on my eyes, so technically my full face is covered but I wouldn’t say its anything to intense…Lol
- Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family? Not really…
- Will you leave the house without makeup?
Oh most definitely…no shame J
- How many high-end products do you have?
I think the only technically high end product that I have is my Naked 2 Eye shadow palette. I often don’t find myself needing anything too high-end.
- Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
Usually just in the morning as I’m getting ready unless I have a big presentation or a reason to dress up the next day.
- How often do you change your handbag?
Well at school I just use the same backpack everyday, but I also only really have to purses or hand bags that I would really use so it just depends on the outfit.
- What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Well it all depends on the time of year. During swim season I wake up anywhere from 5am to 5:30am depending on the day. On Sundays we can sleep in until our hearts desire. During off-season we only practice twice a week, which I wake up at 5:30 for. When I don’t have practice I usually wake up around 8:45 unless I am going to go to the gym to workout, then I will get up around 7:15.
- How often or when do you workout I try to workout everyday, but since I just had surgery I have had to scale it back a little. I often workout in the afternoon, sometimes the morning depends on that day! During swim season though I swim/lift once or twice a day so that is all the working out I really need in my schedule!
- Left handed or right handed?
- How tall are you?
I’m about 5’9!
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
Unfortunately no but I really wish I did!
- How many pets do you have?
One. The love of my life Murphy Bartus Quinn (Read all about him 🙂
- How often are you on Blogger?
I am on WordPress at least once a day 🙂
- Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Most definitely I love hearing what yall have to say!
- Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes! Sometimes I forget to actually get them but its thought that counts!
- How did you come up with your blog name?
Well I knew what I wanted my blog to be about, essentially its for people who find themselves in between a girly girl and a tom boy because that’s where I find myself. So I figure I’m kind of like a princess but without a tutu…
- What kind of camera do you use for your photographs? My iphone4!
- How often do you clean your house?
Well my dorm I try to keep fairly tidy but I probably do a real good clean every two weeks!
- What’s your favorite color?
tie dye…does that count…I’m making it count.
- Do you swear? Not very often but I guess it depends on the situation. I really try not to.
- What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well I have to attend an extra credit ballet for my music class and then do some homework…and probably grab some dinner! Hopefully get the chance to write a blog post 🙂
First off HUGE shout out to StashMatters for her nomination for the beautiful blogger award along with her very kind words. Although I can’t nominate her since she nominated me, I still think everyone should check out her blog because she has really great tips and is really a joy to read!
Alright so here it goes!
• Display the Award logo on your blog.
• Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
• Nominate 7 other bloggers and say a little something about them.
• Let them know they have been nominated.
Here are my nominations! I hope that you check them all out and love them as much as I do! (:
Dorkchops: I absolutely adore her blog. I love her posts and reviews (which I totally trust) and its so cool because in all her interviews from different tags I realized that we have so much in common!
Atkokosplace: I think her and I bond on a certain animal related level because she seems to love her pretty kitty as much as I love my fluffy pup! (#yayanimallovers) She also gives great tips on DIY projects at home that are actually cute and fun!
The Girl in the Little Black Dress: Natalie’s blog is absolutely darling. She gives great fashion advice. But I think my favorite thing about her blog is the vintage and classy feel her whole blog gives off!
OneBirdgeOfHope: I think what they are doing and what they stand for is amazing Growing up is hard enough but as our generations have been given certain stigmas I think they do a great job of showing people that there is always hope and always someone willing to listen!
FunLovinTravelers: First off a couple having a blog is just the bee’s knee’s. And I love reading about their travels and just their everyday!
Honey Bee & Me: this blog is absolutely adorable and she covers a wide array of topics. I am in love with her more recent cupcake post…now I have the urge to make cupcakes! Definitely check her out!
PuddlesOfAvni: She posts great tid-bits about make up and her various hauls and is super down to earth!