As I look over this list once again of what should most definitely make a come back, I realize that nearly all of these trends are from 80’s and 90’s but I am so ok with that
Leg warmers: I have loved these forever and love how they are coming back in style, usually being worn with boots, but I love them almost more when you can pull them off with heels.
Chokers: I love how these look and can give either a edgy or classy addition to any outfit depending on the one you choose. You can also be very creative with how you style them, I love the look of them with layered necklaces at varied lengths!
Windbreakers: Functional and they honestly just look pretty cool with bright colors and being a little oversized on the wearer makes them even more comfy, as well as the athletic vintage feel that they can add to your outfit. And even though most are pretty out there with the colors you can always choose a more low-key style!
Scrunches: Obsessed. They look so good especially with a high pony and add an adorable feel with a bit of high fashion.
Accent Braids: I find these so dainty and adorable, as well as the fact that they can make your hairstyle seem either whimsical by mixing them in underneath, or a little rocker edgy by doing it in a French braid style closer to your head.
Anything you want to add to the list?!
I have been planning on this one for quite sometime. I’m sure every health and fitness person has said green tea is the key to all things and can cure all things, or at least something along those lines. Well the truth is, green tea is so so so good for you! I have began drinking it a ton this year (not much of a coffee or tea drinker usually, unless it is pounded with sugar and honey…until now). So much so that it is really part of my morning routine, and I actually look forward to it. I love having it with me on my walks to class and tea bags last for a few servings so it’s perfect for me because I am usually on the run and it allows me to just reuse the same bag and just add more hot water!
There are a ton of great benefits and going to school in the tundra makes it an extra plus because it can make you feel all warm. And if you remember my previous So Obsessed Saturday about Kayla Itsines, she is huge advocate of green tea. It is recommended that you have 2 to 3 cups a day. Here are some fun facts about green tea, some area quite surprising!
1. UV protection: Not only has green tea and its antioxidant catechin been proven to help with skin in terms of wrinkles, but it is also great for an internal protection to UV rays!
2. Diabetes: It has been proven to help regulate glucose levels which can help keep blood sugar low after eating.
3.Cholestorol regulation:. the ECHG antioxidant in green tea is great to help limit the absorption of cholesterol ingot he large intestine.
4. Teeth: One of the many antioxidants found in green tea called catechin plays a huge role in helping to kill bacteria that cause throat infections and other dental conditions. So its great for your sparkly whites!
5. Cancer: Some studies also suggest that it can help lower the risk of certain cancers in those who drink it on a semi-regular basis.
6. Brain: Green tea is great for short term brain function. However it has also been shown that it can help reduce the risk of Alzheimers and Parkinson’s from developing in old age.
Simply swapping green tea in the place of other sugary drink can help you lost weight and stay more hydrated.
It is also important to know that green tea isn’t the only tea great for you so feel free to explore options! Sometimes I also like to drink chai tea or seasonal tea. See where the bliss of tea takes you!
What do you think of green tea or even just tea in general?!
As I have been unable to do my usual workout routine, I have had to get creative in order to stay in some sense of shape. So here is what I have found to be true through both trial and error as well as through some research!
1.STAIRS: Up and down take them everywhere. It’s a great work out for your legs and bum and you won’t ever be waiting for an elevator…or the awkward ride with strangers to be over.
2.Water: carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go. you’d be surprised how
much more you will drink when it just happens to be around you! Plus hydration is a huge part of your health that often goes over looked.
3.Posture: the more I have made myself aware of my posture the more I have realized how bad it is. not only is it great for your back but it is also awesome for working on your core strength. Start out in trying to maintain good posture for just 5 minutes and you’ll notice the difference, even in just how much higher you can sit up!
4.Walk: If you can, try to walk to class or work or wherever you need to go even if it is just a small errand. You will probably save money on gas or even a bus fare, and every extra step counts! Even if it requires you too get up a little earlier, just walking once a week can make a huge difference!
5.Get a good night sleep: People often underestimate the affect a good nights sleep can have on your health and it is huge! you should hopefully get 8 hours every night, but not only will it make you happier and more ready to take on your day but gives you more energy to do something a little extra with your workout, as well as keep you body in tip top shape.
6. Commercial breaks: Even if you find yourself unable to do much, taking the three minutes during a commercial break to do some leg lifts will not only help you tone but also will go by so fast because of the televise distraction!
7. Parking: If you do drive somewhere, park as far as you can from your destination, as long as it is safe. Just like before every step counts!
What are some little ways that you help your health?!
All we ever want is to know our pet misses us most…and Murphy does cause my mom keeps finding him in my room 🙂